The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is the world's leading nonprofit funder of childhood brain tumor research. We serve the more than 28,000 children and teens in the United States who are living with the diagnosis of a brain tumor. Our programs include free educational information about brain tumors, college scholarships, Ride for Kids motorcycle charity events and Starry Night walk/runs.
Position summary: The Sponsorship and Corporate Lead is responsible for securing local cash and in-kind sponsors, recruiting corporate teams, event entertainment and
coordinating PBTF pin-up distribution and sales in support of two fundraising events - Starry Night walk/run and one additional fundraiser TBD.
- Recruit a sub-Task Force team of volunteers to assist with securing sponsors, corporate teams, inkind donations and local PBTF pin-up distribution
- Work with PBTF staff to solicit sponsorship prospects, provide information about PBTF and Starry Night and secure sponsors and corporate fundraising teams
- Contact local businesses about providing in-kind donations such as food, beverages, survivor goodie bag materials and more for Starry Night
- Work with Community Outreach Lead to recruit day of event entertainment and a local celebrity emcee
- Contact local businesses with information about PBTF pin-up program
- Work with PBTF staff to coordinate the distribution of PBTF pin-ups and track sales
- Attend monthly volunteer Task Force meetings and provide updates to Secretary and Task Force Chair
- Coordinate and lead sub-Task Force meetings to meet goals and ensure volunteers stay on track with their assignments
- Promote Starry Night through daily professional activities
- Attend and provide volunteer leadership at events
Time Required (approximately):
- Attend volunteer Task Force meeting (1) - 2 hours
- Coordinate sponsorship and corporate volunteers - 5 hours
- Track sponsorship and corporate progress and complete tasks -7 hours
- Provide correspondence to Chair, Secretary and PBTF staff - 1 hour
Total: 15 hours per month
Additional time requirements:
One initial planning meeting with Task Force Chair - 1 hour
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Public Relations
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- See above
- Children's Cancer 5K Event Day...
- Social Media Volunteer for...
- Sponsorship Lead needed for...
- Media & Public Relations Lead...
- Use Your Media Savvy to Help...
- Love planning events and want to...
- Committee Chair for Pediatric...
- Media Chair for the Pediatric...
- Love building community...
- Volunteers needed for charity 5K...
- Media/PR Chair Needed for Philly...
- Use Your Sales Skills to Help...
- Outreach Volunteer Needed for...
- Secretary for Pediatric Brain...
- Volunteers needed for charity...