The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is the world's leading nonprofit funder of childhood brain tumor research. We serve the more than 28,000 children and teens in the United States who are living with the diagnosis of a brain tumor. Our programs include free educational information about brain tumors, college scholarships, Ride for Kids motorcycle charity events and Starry Night walk/runs .
We are looking for a PBTF Task Force Chair to help lead our event fundraising committee.
Position summary: Work with PBTF staff and volunteer leads in recruiting and training a team of volunteers to plan and implement all aspects of our Starry Night run/walk event and one additional fundraising event (TBD)in accordance with campaign standards. The PBTF Task Force Chair assists in creating action plans and managing the volunteer Task Force leadership.
- Coordinate and lead monthly meetings
- Create meeting agendas
- Offer leadership, guidance and support to volunteer Task Force members
- Promote events through daily professional activities
- Assist in securing event sponsors, teams and participants
- Appoint volunteers to serve as volunteer Task Force members for the following categories of focus: Recruitment, Community Outreach, Race and Sponsorship & Corporate Outreach
- Ensure Task Force members stay on track with their assignments
- Attend and provide volunteer leadership at events
- The PBTFTask Force Chair is responsible for recruiting a Task Force Secretary to assist with administrative duties such as meeting coordination, agenda preparation, sponsorship and donation tracking, etc.
Time Required (approximately):
- Attend and lead volunteer Task Force meeting (1) - 2 hours
- Review volunteer Task Force member updates and correspond with PBTF staff -10 hours
- Assist with securing sponsorships and other tasks - 9 hours
- Total: 21 hours per month
- Additional time commitments: One initial planning meeting - 2 hours
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- See above