Inspiring Minds is an educational nonprofit which mobilizes trains places and supports community volunteers to tutor Providence students in the classroom during the school day. Our volunteers tutor students in grades K through 3 in literacy and math through teacher assigned activities to support them to attain proficiency and become successful in their academic career.
Inspiring Minds is looking for a dynamic, hard working, personable individual to serve as our Community Liason through Americorps VISTA.
VISTA will support Inspiring Minds’ new policies and protocol by:
- Nurture and monitor community relationships
- Gather feedback data from volunteers, schools, faculty, and staff
- Travel from site to schools ensuring data collection is being carried out
- Manager social media platforms
- Create and administer monthly e-newsletter
- Administering surveys each semester to volunteers and partners
- With the help of Program Director use feedback to create volunteer management policies
- Create and revise outreach material to partners and potential volunteers
- Conduct volunteer training.
- Entering data in database.
This is a full time AmeriCorps Position with a 12 month commitment. A living stipend is available as well as childcare and health insurance to those who qualify.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours/week