Inspiring Minds is an educational nonprofit which mobilizes trains places and supports community volunteers to tutor Providence students in the classroom during the school day.
Inspiring Minds is looking for a dynamic, hard working, personable individual to serve as our Community Liason through Americorps VISTA.
VISTA will support Inspiring Minds’ new policies and protocol by:
- Nurture and monitor community relationships
- Gather feedback data from volunteers, schools, faculty, and staff
- Travel from site to schools ensuring data collection is being carried out
- Administering surveys each semester to volunteers and partners
- With the help of Program Director use feedback to create volunteer management policies
- Create and revise outreach material to partners and potential volunteers
- Conduct volunteer training.
- Entering data in database.
This is a full time AmeriCorps Position with a 12 month commitment. A living stipend is available as well as childcare and health insurance to those who qualify.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours/week