Do you have a passion for supporting LGBTQ students in your community? Do you believe that all schools should be safe, affirming learning environments for all students? Would you like to organize fun events that empower and improve the lives of LGBTQ youth?
GLSEN Washington has an exciting opportunity for a new Regional Coordinator position for the Tri-Cities area! GLSEN Washington Board Members will be in Tri-Cities December 8th and 9th to meet with potential candidates.
We are looking for a motivated, talented individual with a passion to further GLSEN's mission to ensure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. The Washington State chapter of GLSEN is further localized into eight regions to best serve the state's LGBTQ student population with focused leadership that is representative of each area's unique needs. Each region is led by a Regional Coordinator responsible for furthering GLSEN's mission and implementing programming in the area.
With the strong support of the GLSEN Washington Board, the Southeast Washington Regional coordinator is tasked with:
- Implementing programming and providing GLSEN resources that support high school and middle school LGBT student clubs
- Recruiting, training, and retaining volunteers to assist in these efforts
- Building relationships and rapport to further GLSEN's mission with educators, students leaders, administrators, and members of the community
- Building a team to organize fundraising campaigns
- Guiding and promoting school participation in GLSEN National events including Day of Silence and "Ally Week"
- Organizing a local event for LGBTQ youth, such as a leadership conference or youth pride dance
- Program Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training