Do you have a hobby or skill you love? Painting, photography? Yoga or yo-yo?
CoachArt is looking to pair YOU and your hobby with an awesome kid who shares your interests.
CoachArt brings arts and athletics activities to children living with chronic illness. We provide both One-on-One lessons and Group lessons through our many amazing volunteers.
"I’ve been volunteering with CoachArt for the past two years. It’s one of the most gratifying experiences I’ve ever had. I teach guitar, and this gives me a reason to keep up with my playing.
I feel like I get just as much out of our weekly sessions as my students do." Jeff, CoachArt volunteer coach
If you have 8 hours to spare (1 hour a week for 8 weeks) and an interest in art, performing arts, or sports, you can put a smile on a kid’s face -- and we guarantee you’ll be smiling, too!Check out our www.coachart.org to apply and learn more! Have questions? Email Program Manager, Melissa Birdwell-Marchi, at email@example.com You can choose from One-on-One Lessons or Group Lessons.
- One-on-One Lessons: We pair you with a child who’s interested in learning or practicing the skill or hobby you love. (Building Rube Goldberg machines? Sure, why not!) You’ll meet at the child’s home for 1 hour a week for 8 weeks. We’ll give you supplies and equipment, and support you with creative ideas to make sure you have a fun activity to share with your student each week.
- Group Lessons: We enroll a group of 15 kids to participate in group lessons. Lessons are usually 1.5 hours long and meet once a week for 8 weeks. There’s a head coach to lead each session and we recruit three volunteer coaches (i.e. YOU) to assist. We provide all the equipment. (We give you a cool t-shirt, too!) Group lessons typically take place at a park, community center, or studio space.
The application is simple: http://coachart.org/volunteer/
- You must be 18 years or older.
Have access to transportation.
Commit to 8 hours of volunteering in a year.
- Complete a 1 hour training program with our staff.
- Special Needs
- Sports Coaching
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Hour a week, for 8 weeks