The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
The 2017 Autism Speaks Bay Area Walk will take place on April 22, 2017 at History Park in San Jose. We are seeking a Team Recruitment Chair to join our Walk Leadership Committee. The Team Recruitment Chair identifies and recruits new fundraising Team Captains for the Autism Speaks walk. The Team Recruitment Chair will work closely with the Walk Chair and team Retention chair to maximize fundraising revenue. The Team Recruitment Chair will mentor new Team Captains and help Captains build their teams and achieve their fundraising goals. The primary responsibilities of the Team Recruitment Chair are the Corporate Breakfast/Lunch focused on new team recruitment and the New Team Kickoff.
Desired volunteer skills and attributes: Experienced fundraiser or strong business development/sales background, passionate about the cause, competitive and goal-oriented, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable using or willing to learn collaboration tools, and able to meet goals and deadlines.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks and the importance of fundraising for the organization.
- Serve a one year term as Team Recruitment Chair.
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to develop an action plan to ensure team recruitment, fundraising, and year-round engagement goals are met.
- Recruit and manager a team recruitment subcommittee from top team captains, business and community leaders, and other contacts to enlist NEW teams for the Autism Speaks Walk.
- Develop and implement strategies to reach new teams from companies, organizations, families, support groups, schools, hospitals, etc.
- Be an expert on all Walk fundraising and team resources and materials.
- Actively promote the Walk incentive and recognition programs.
- Cultivate relations with Team Captains.
- Identify potential new Team Captains and walk them through the registration process.
- Lead by example and actively fundraising for the Walk.
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk.
- Delegate responsibilities as needed.
- Recruit and mentor a Team Recruitment Chair successor.
Volunteer commitment: 9-12 months. Approximately 3-10 hours per month as needed.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 year term, 3-10 hours per month, as needed