Symphony Number One seeks dedicated grantwriters to help research, organize, write, submit, and track aproppriate grant opportunities. Note: we have completed a number of successful grants over the past two years, but we are in need of additional help to keep the momentum moving ahead, including someone to help coordinate the effort. The ideal volunteer would be interested in leading and/or participating in some combination of the following activities, and would have some relevant experience and interest:
- Research: we have a meaningful list of relevant grant opportunities. However, we recently achieved 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, opening up our eligibility to a much wider array of possible opportunities which we need to find. We need to continue to extend our knowledge base across the wide array of grants and corporate programs for which we are now eligible.
- Organization: through analysis and focus on our organizational mission, we want to properly understand our best opportunities for winning grants and structure our grantwriting time towards the lowest-hanging fruit. Organization means both maintaining our grants list data and inputting deadlines in the calendar alongside recurring annual projected deadlines.
- Writing: through familiarity with our past work and future plans, the scuccessful writer will develop a compelling narrative that marries the requirements of the grant with the mission of Symphony Number One.
- Tracking: the successful volunteer would help check on any details and keep any records required by the grantmaker to properly document completion of the grant. The volunteeer would also help to ensure that SNO properly credits and thanks all grantmakers in the appropriate methods in printed programs and online.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-15 hours per month (flexible).