StandUp For Kids is seeking national board members with a strong sense of integrity, commitment, and dedication to implementing our mission in the community.
Our Mission: The mission of StandUp For Kids is ending the cycle of youth homelessness. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help at-risk, homeless and foster youth improve their lives.
Our Ideal Board member will possess the following characteristics:
A. Commitment to the Mission
B. Strategic Thinker
C. Independent Minded
D. Transparent, acting with integrity
E. Finding and sustaining resources
F. Focus on results
G. Committed to expanding the organzation's "circle of friends"
Meetings and time commitment:
The board of directors meets One time per quarter on a Friday afternoon. We require one in person meeting a year, and the remaining meetings can be made via teleconferencing. Meetings typically last 6-8 hours.
Committees of the board meet an average of four to six times per year via phone pending their respective work agenda. Board members are asked to attend no more than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Help communicate and promote StandUp For Kids mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with StandUp For Kids finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of StandUp For Kids.
- Financially support StandUp For Kids in a manner commensurate with one's ability.
- Financial Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Board meets an average of four to six times a year
- Help communicate and promote the StandUp For Kids mission and programs to the community.