Come As You Are is a social program that provides adults with special needs and developmental disabilities an opportunity to have fun in a caring and inviting atmosphere. Volunteers engage participants in activities that include music, games, dancing, and an annual talent show, holiday party, and picnic. Make new friends and put a smile on someone's face.
- Assist in the set-up and clean-up at each event.
- Register new participants and write nametags for all participants.
- Prepare and serve snacks to participants.
- Interact with the participants and help them engage in the scheduled activities.
- Assist with the planning and preparation of special programs that include, the Holiday Program, the Talent Show, and the End of Year Picnic in June.
- Must be 14 years old, or 10 if accompanied by an adult.
- Able to treat everyone and every situation in a friendly manner.
- Spanish language skills helpful, but not necessary.
- Groups of 2-10 volunteers can be accommodated depending on the need.
- People Skills
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- On-Call Front Desk Volunteer
- Food Shelf Volunteer: Tuesdays...
- NAPS Volunteer: Phone Calls &...
- Come As You Are
- Yardwork & Maintenance Volunteer
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- Summer Meals
- Clothes Closet Thrift Store
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Be in a Parade!
- Driver (flexible scheduling)
- Grocery Store Donation Pick-up