Front Desk volunteers are the first interaction that clients, visitors, staff, and volunteers have when coming in to Neighbors. Most of the clients who come to Neighbors come to access the food shelf, and that can be a scary or embarrassing step for a family to take. The volunteers at our front desk have the ability to impact these families by making their experience a positive and welcoming one.
- Assist Neighbors' clients with appropriate paperwork so that they can access our food shelf and/or receive emergency services
- Greet all incoming visitors and answer questions as able
- Assist with phones, filing, photocopying, and mail
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Culturally sensitive
- Detailed-oriented and able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to treat everyone with kindness and respect
- Handle several tasks simultaneously
- On-call subsitute for Monday through Friday, morning (8:15 am - 12:00 pm) or afternoon (1:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
Contact Mandy with questions or for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-306-2145
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours/week or on-call
- On-Call Front Desk Volunteer
- Food Shelf Volunteer: Tuesdays...
- NAPS Volunteer: Phone Calls &...
- Come As You Are
- Yardwork & Maintenance Volunteer
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- Summer Meals
- Clothes Closet Thrift Store
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Be in a Parade!
- Driver (flexible scheduling)
- Grocery Store Donation Pick-up