WORK EXPERIENCE/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Experience in direct service preferred. Experience in sexual assault or domestic violence programs a plus. Required to complete background screening and complete at least 30 hours of sexual assault response training.
Rape Recovery Team Advocates will provide crisis intervention, personal advocacy and information and referral for the duration of their Hotline shifts.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
- Participate in Hotline rotation.
- Provide over the phone crisis intervention, information & referral, and personal advocacy with adult and adolescent sexual assault victims and loved ones.
- When applicable provide follow-up advocacy.
- Provide victims information on their rights, victim’s compensation and the sexual assault response process and advocate for solutions for safety, housing or transportation issues.
- Complete Hotline Tracking Forms on all victims & secondary victims served, and provide these forms to RRT Intake Advocate within 2 business days via e-mail.
- Work collaboratively with all community agencies involved in the client’s recovery process.
- Participate in on-going Hotline trainings and collaborative meetings.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Position also requires an independent, self-motivated individual with effective communication skills. Individual must possess an ability to remain calm and rational and manage multiple priorities in a crisis intervention environment. Position requires awareness of feminism and sensitivity to the societal issues of violence against women and children. An individual who possesses familiarity with the criminal justice system, government and nonprofit agencies as they relate to the issues of sexual assault is preferred.
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- one time 30 hour online training
- reliable transportation