Mission Program Intern- Susan G Komen Chicago
The Mission Program Intern will provide assistance for the Walgreens Mammograms Rewards Program (WMRP) and staff. This individual will serve as the administrative and clerical support person by handling the daily secretarial functions, database management, and assist in creating a strong, positive image through in-person and phone interaction.
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Part Time
Type of Employment: Internship
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system for all WMRP records, correspondence and additional program collateral.
- Set-up and coordinate meetings and conference calls.
- Enter WMRP request forms as received and compile voucher mailings.
- Prepare and distribute WMRP supplies at the office.
- Create and modify all WMRP documents using Microsoft Office.
- Prepare all WMRP participants mailings which include copying, postage, etc.
- Meet and greet WMRP clients and visitors.
- Complete data entry for WMRP participating sites in the Komen Chicago database.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- Maintain the inventory and supplies for all WMRP collateral and breast health materials.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member, take accurate messages and relay to appropriate staff.
- Follow-up with WMRP participants by phone, e-mail or in writing on their demographic information and screening information.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/Fed Ex/Airborne packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
* Associate degree preferred, High School Graduate required. * Familiarity with Cook county community and health networks. * Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus. * Current driver’s license, auto and insurance. * Ability to lift 25 pounds, bend, stoop, and sit or stand for long periods of time. * Ability to travel within the Affiliate service area. * Available to work nights and weekends for occasional meetings and events.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS * Excellent organizational skills and attention to details. * Excellent written and verbal skills. * Comfort with discussing breast health, breast cancer and related topics. * High proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. * Ability to lead and make good decisions in challenging environment. * Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Benefits and other compensation:
Mileage will be reimbursed at the current federal rate for all travel
The Walgreens Mammograms Rewards Program is brought to you through a partnership between Walgreens and the Chicago Affiliate of Susan G. Komen. The goal of this program is to encourage women to get regular breast health screenings, in turn increasing survival rates throughout Chicagoland. Komen Chicago and Walgreens team up with a goal to get 20,000 women in Chicagoland to earn 1,000 Balance reward points just by completing their mammogram by 10/31. When you complete your mammogram and redeem your points voucher in store through 10/31/17, Walgreens will donate $1, up to $30,000 to Komen Chicago that will help fund mammograms for underserved women.
Where are the Walgreens Mammograms Rewards Program Sites?
These small group education sessions are held in familiar settings that are safe and easily accessible. Locations include: schools, churches, businesses, libraries, city agencies, community centers, beauty shops and public housing complexes in Southeast Wisconsin.
How can a patient receive a Walgreens Mammograms Rewards Program voucher if their site isn’t listed?
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment