Position Overview & Basic Function:
The Community Programs Intern will assist and support the entire Mission team with projects related to the community grants program and education. This position begins mid- to late- February.
- Assist with Mission administration.
- Assist in the community grants program which may include activities such as reporting, surveying, and data entry.
- Assist and attend health fairs, Third-Party Events and general education outreach opportunities.
- Respond to inquiries from the public about the Affiliate and breast health.
- May assist with special projects involving the LGBTQ+ communities, public policy advocacy, navigation workshops, survivorship conference planning, and coalition building.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Education:
- MA/MPH/MSW students or graduates strongly preferred.
- Professionally minded individual with interest in healthcare philanthropy, grant-making and community organizing.
- Reliable and able to educate and outreach to communities of need.
- Excellent writing, communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate.
- Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Position will need to use their personal computer.
- Candidate may be subject to a criminal background check.
- Opportunity to gain insight into the not-for-profit sector.
- "Hands-on" environment with individuals who respond to critical community issues.
- Develop above-entry-level skills.
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment