The Donor Ambassador is important to the American Red Cross-Blood Services mission by helping to regulate work flow, ensure the safety of our donors following blood donation, and providing friendly, courteous and knowledgeable customer service to blood donors, employees, community partners and visitors.
Various shifts located in Apple Valley, West St. Paul, and Hastings
Various Times throughout the year
Each shift is 1-2 hours long
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to blood donors, visitors and partners by welcoming people to the site and thanking them when they leave.
- Assist donors with the check-in process and ask donors to read required donation forms.
- Assemble required paperwork for donors to take to health historian.
- Honor donor appointments and schedule walk-ins around scheduled appointments.
- Monitor donors post-donation for adverse reactions and respond according to established protocols.
- Prepare and maintain lobby and canteen areas for donors, organize Red Cross reading material, make beverages, setting out food, and restocking.
- Engage donors in conversation and encourage re-signs for future blood donation appointments.
- Direct all questions regarding donation process, day of donation eligibility, health history, or blood safety to appropriate Red Cross staff.
- Assist staff with a variety of clerical tasks and any other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to support the American Red Cross Mission.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Friendly, courteous and enjoy working cooperatively with donors and staff.
- Able to identify signs and symptoms of adverse reactions and respond appropriately utilizing established Red Cross protocols.
- Physically able to perform duties of position, including frequent standing, walking and sitting. Occasional bending and stooping is required.
- Basic computer skills helpful, but not required.
- Understands and is able to follow all policies and procedures regarding Confidentiality, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics, Safety and Security.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
Minimum Time Commitment
Shifts run between 2-6 hours, depending on the location. Scheduling is flexible.
Easy - May include light work or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes recommended.
American Red Cross-Blood Services Orientation
Annual Refresher Training
Employee Relations Benefits Technician
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour shifts
- Training will be provided by Red Cross on site before event begins
- National Get Outdoors Day: Clean...
- Parkrun: Your Local Weekly 5k...
- Keep Your Junk Out of Landfills,...
- Take-a-Kid Fishing
- Help the Red Cross Blood Donor...
- Remove Invasive Species from our...
- Get Rid of Your Household...
- Help Save the Bee Population in...
- Mother's Day High Tea Event
- Sun, Fun, Water, and Science?...
- Simple Steps Walking Program