Experienced, take charge personality with ability to manage planning, volunteer coordination, and hosting of in-store adoption events.
Assist with coordination of 2-3 dog adoption events per month (1 st, 3 rd, and 5 th Saturdays)
The Adoption Event Coordinator should have a love for event management, be highly dependable, outgoing, and able to build relationships with fosters and volunteers.
- Ensure updated bios for dogs are completed.
- Arrive early to event to set up chairs, tables, information.
- Greet store manager and check-in with staff.
Adoption Event Hosting
- Greet fosters and volunteers as they arrive. Provide nametags to fosters.
- If fosters are new, orient them to how the adoption event works.
- Distribute t-shirts, manuals, folders to fosters.
- Provide supplies, medicine and food to fosters and volunteers.
- Greet potential adopters. Provide information about available dogs to interested parties.
- Take down displays, information, etc.
- Fold chairs and table (if necessary)
- Communicate pertinent messages to Pet Haven volunteers who were not in attendance
- Check-in with manager prior to leaving
*The Adoption Event Coordinator is the lead volunteer and will be supported by other Pet Haven volunteers and staff.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Adoption events take place 3 times/month
- Outgoing, organized, reliable, must have cell phone, able to lift #25