CET Immigration and Citizenship Program is seeking a new volunteer instructor for our citizenship class. Our citizenship class instructors deliver citizenship instruction to prepare students to pass the USCIS naturalization exam, and provide learning environments that enhance the development of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills of non-native speakers.
Classes are taught Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6-8pm and we are looking for a volunteer who can commit to teach at least one of these nights on a weekly basis, preferably on a long-term basis.
- Teach civics to prospective citizens using established curriculum, workbooks and materials.
- Help students understand citizenship application questions.
- Maintain a positive and supportive learning environment.
- Patient, motivated, native proficiency in English.
- Experience teaching or tutoring. (Experience working with non-native English speakers a plus!)
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of and working with large groups of students.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Cultural sensitivity and flexibility essential.
- Please send cover letter and resume
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- two hours a week