Have you been told you are a welcoming and inviting person? Do you love working with people? Do you love to organize? If so, we need YOU to work at our Front Desk greeting folks and performing administrative tasks for our programs.
Minimum shift would be 2-3 hours during these days/times:
- Mondays 12-4 pm
- Tuesdays 12-7 pm
- Wednesdays 12-4 pm
- Thursdays 12-7 pm
So what would you be doing?
- Be the first point of contact for donors, visitors and guests to our facility.
- Accept donations and write receipts
- Answer calls, provide inforrmation about programs, or transfer to appropriate staff person.
- Administrative tasks could include:
- entering data into our database
- creating MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel documents
- identifying areas of supply needs
- organizing supply areas and volunteer room
Training: Ya sure, you betcha there will be training. (how very Minnesotan of us)
What’s in it for you? The knowledge that you will help feed people who come to shop at the Food Shelf. You will make it possible for our clients to get the winter clothing they need right now. HUGE!!!! You will make it happen! Acknowledgement from staff, volunteers and clients that you are a fabulous part of our team at Valley Outreach. Maybe make new friends and have fun while you work!
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours/wk on a regular basis
- Knows MS Office; loves working with people; the Wonder Woman of organization