Planting at Fort Ord National Monument
WhenSat Mar 11, 2017, 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
WhereFt. Ord National Monument8th Avenue and Gigling AvenueMarina, CA 93933
Since 1994, Return of the Natives (R.O.N.) has worked with community volunteers and the Bureau of Land Management to restore and revitalize Fort Ord. In 2012, Fort Ord became a national monument due to its ecological and historical importance. We need volunteers to help R.O.N. and BLM restore more of this local precious natural resource.
Everyone is welcome! A great family activity that is FREE. Tools, water, and great snacks provided. Wear sturdy footwear and plenty of layers. Bring your community service forms to earn hours.
Please note that bikers and pedestrians will NOT be expecting car traffic - drive carefully, as trails sometimes cross the paved road.
Directions: Follow BLM Special Event signs from a) the intersection of Imjin Rd. and Reservation Rd. in Marina or b) the Lightfighter Dr. exit off of Highway 1 (main CSUMB exit). Site located 25 minute drive into Fort Ord from gate entrance.
*Volunteer groups of 10 or more please RSVP. *
*If under the age of 18 please have your parent or guardian sign a waiver prior to the event. Visit: https://csumb.edu/ron/service-event-calendar*
*For Community Service Documents:
Name of Sponsoring Organization - Return of the Natives
Organization Representative - Lauren Krohmer
Title - Volunteer Coordinator
Phone Number - 831-582-3686
*Weather Policy: The event will be postponed only if it is raining hard on the day of the event. Event postponement will be posted on our website https://csumb.edu/ron , our Facebook page, and a voicemail recording on the 582-3686 line by 8:30am on the day of the event.
For more information go to our website https://csumb.edu/ron , email firstname.lastname@example.org , or call (831)-582-3686
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 0-3 hours
- Native Species Planting at Fort...
- Oak Woodland Restoarion at CSUMB
- Habitat Restoration at Fort Ord...
- Dune Restoration Planting at...
- Planting for Wildlife in Salinas!
- Take It Outside Day & Spring...
- Planting for Wildlife in Salinas
- Cesar Chavez Day park Cleanup
- Winter Bird Count and Park...
- Planting at Moss Landing State...
- Planting at Fort Ord National...
- Oak Woodland Restoration Planting
- Dune Habitat Restoration at Moss...
- Park Cleanup and Aquatic...
- Salinas Earth Day Celebration!