Service to the Armed Forces & Veterans: Caseworker
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2020 East West HighwaySilver Spring, MD 20910
The Specialist provides emergency communication and casework services to Red Cross clients. Duties include:
- Interviews callers and coordinates requests for service to include recording all client information in the case management system; determining eligibility for American Red Cross services; assessing client needs; and providing appropriate services to clients.
- Performs outbound activities including obtaining verifications, delivering messages, coordinating case management services with the jurisdictional chapter/station, and/or providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service.
- Understands and applies Red Cross and SAF policies consistently and correctly.
- Compose and deliver emergency communication messages to domestic and overseas locations. Sends messages for delivery to deployment locations and ships at sea using military networks
*Volunteers must be able to work out of our Silver Spring, MD hours and be available during business hours (9am - 5pm) during weekdays.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 or more hours a week between the hours of 10:00a