Walk to End Alzheimer's - Planning Committee
WhenSun Jan 01, 2017 - Sun Dec 31, 2017
Where1111 South Alpine RoadSuite 307Rockford, IL 61108
- The Walk Planning Committee is a primarily volunteer driven committee that is comprised of subcommittees who have a focus in areas like; Team Recruitment, Team Retention, Sponsorship, Marketing and Outreach, or Logistics.
- The committee plans all year round from the kick-off to the wrap-up. Some committee members concentrate on growing the event, like recruiting new teams, covering the community in Walk materials, and securing sponsorships. Others focus on event production and find ways to enhance the event experience.
- Join the committee and choose a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests
- Attend the Volunteer Kickoff event in January to gain more information on each subcommittee, and volunteer expectations. Attend the Committee Orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer’s disease, learn about Association programs and services, and receive an introduction to the Walk event model.
- Participate in committee meetings
- Meetings are held once a month and are one hour long.
- In addition to committee meetings, subcommittees will meet separately via in person or conference call typically once a month; however, may increase frequency during the summer as Walk approaches.
For more information and to find a Walk to End Alzheimer’s planning committee near you, please contact Director, Volunteers, Louie Iovane at Liovane@alz.org or 847.779.6951.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment