VBCDC is currently looking for individuals or groups to volunteer to help with homework for elementary, middle, and high school students at The Spot- Lake Edward.
Previous experience as a mentor/tutor or education- background strongly preferred.
Commitment: 2 hours/week throughout the school year
- Mondays- High School (grades 9-12)
- Wednesdays- Middle School (grades 6-8)
- Thursdays- Elementary School (grades 1-5)
- Good relationship building skills and ability to maintain constructive relationship boundaries with student, student's family, and VBCDC staff/partners.
- Tolerance and openness to different world views and sensitivity to other cultures and languages.
- Ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality and act in a manner that is consistent with VBCDC policies and procedures.
- A general desire to have fun and work with children.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
NOTE: Maximum capacity at The Spot is limited to 12 people. Interested groups will be limited to 2-3 volunteers per shift.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week throughout the school year