Planting at Moss Landing State Beach
WhenSat Feb 18, 2017, 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
WhereJetty RdMoss Landing, CA 95039
Join Return of the Natives, California State Parks and Central Coast Wetland Group in restoring native dune habitat at Moss Landing State Beach! This idyllic site is home to the Elkhorn Slough State Marine Conservation Area and State Marine Reserve. We need YOUR help to maintain this critical habitat for native and migratory bird species.
A great family activity that is FREE. Tools, snacks, and water provided. Bring your community service forms to get hours. We require closed-toed shoes, and recommend layers as weather may change quickly!
Directions: From Hwy 1, turn onto Jetty Rd. The turn is just north of the kayak rental area in Moss Landing. Park in lot and follow R.O.N. event signs!
*Volunteer groups of 10 or more please RSVP. *
*If under the age of 18 please have your parent or guardian sign a waiver prior to the event. Visit: https://csumb.edu/ron/service-event-calendar*
*Weather Policy: The event will be postponed only if it is raining hard on the day of the event. Event postponement will be posted on our websitehttps://csumb.edu/ron , our Facebook page, and a voicemail recording on the 582-3686 line by 8:30am on the day of the event. *
For more information go to our website https://csumb.edu/ron , email firstname.lastname@example.org , or call (831)-582-3686
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 0-3 hours
- Native Species Planting at Fort...
- Oak Woodland Restoarion at CSUMB
- Habitat Restoration at Fort Ord...
- Dune Restoration Planting at...
- Planting for Wildlife in Salinas!
- Take It Outside Day & Spring...
- Planting for Wildlife in Salinas
- Cesar Chavez Day park Cleanup
- Winter Bird Count and Park...
- Planting at Moss Landing State...
- Planting at Fort Ord National...
- Oak Woodland Restoration Planting
- Dune Habitat Restoration at Moss...
- Park Cleanup and Aquatic...
- Salinas Earth Day Celebration!