The Jericho Road Project is looking for facilitators for our Healthy Board Development program, providing training and coaching to a non-profit in Greater Lowell and the Merrimack Valley.
The Jericho Road Project’s Healthy Board Development program is designed to work closely with existing non-profit boards to improve their effectiveness by helping them:
- Articulate and execute their roles and responsibilities
- Develop the ability to ask good questions
- Identify and meet board goals
- Facilitate improved communication between board members
- Improve service delivery to their constituency
Through the Healthy Board Development program, a board can participate in customized workshops that address their stated needs through assessment and goal setting. Healthy Board Development programs are offered pro bono in order to promote sustainability and capacity building in non-profits. Boards are also encouraged to work with a pro bono coach provided by Jericho Road throughout the year. Sustained coaching can help boards stay focused in order to follow through on implementation of goals created during the workshops and other issues that are of strategic importance to them.
Non-profit boards have the opportunity to engage in any, or all, of the following activities:
- Fundamentals of Non-profit Governance: A 3-hour workshop providing a "bird’s-eye" overview of seven non-profit governance responsibilities - strategic planning, executive supervision, fund development, fiscal and legal oversight, marketing, and board development. The workshop is tailored to address the specific concerns and priorities each board identifies through a self-assessment process.
- Board Roles to Board Goals Workshop: A 6-hour workshop developed in collaboration with Jay Vogt, a nationally known expert in non-profit governance, provides a process that helps boards set measurable and attainable goals for themselves. The process leads boards through a facilitated self-assessment to identify their priorities for the year, and then create an action plan for achieving those goals.
- Coaching Support: Trained Jericho Road coaches work with non-profit boards that have completed the Board Roles to Goals process, and help them follow through on a work plan to achieve their goals. Coaches engage with boards for a period of 3-6 months, which can be extended up to a full year.
If you have interest in aiding in any of these activities, The Jericho Road project holds "train the trainer" events for skilled professionals and facilitators before matching you with a non-profit in need.
Jericho Road finds non-profits that match your passions and ensures that your time and effort are spent where it is needed to make the largest impact.
Help Jericho Road increase the impact potential of non-profit organizations so they can help more people, build stronger communities, and change lives!
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Help a non-profit with Marketing
- IT System Development and Support
- Website Design Implementation...
- Develop Operation Procedures
- Website Design
- Write Grants and Develop...
- Facilitators for Board...
- Strategic Planning
- Help with Finance and Accounting
- Serve on a Non-profit Board
- Administrative Support