Volunteer Position Description: Computer Lab Tutors provide assistance to young people who are learning computer and GED skills online in a computer lab setting. Volunteers create a safe environment for our students, providing help and academic support. The lab offers a supportive environment for learners to practice a variety of skills needed to thrive in today’s world. Computer Lab Tutors provide individualized assistance as learners complete online lessons in a welcoming, self-paced environment.
- Tutor adult learners and assist them in accessing appropriate online resources
- Give learners an orientation, create new accounts, and help implement their individualized learning plan
- Help open and close the Computer Lab
- Communicate with the DL Coordinator about questions or issues that may arise
- Assist learners in checking out laptops and headphones and track learner attendance
- Commit to a regular tutoring schedule
As a Computer Lab Tutor, you’ll gain:
- Teaching and tutoring skills
- Experience with persons from a variety of educational and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with online learning tools
- Job skills, resume enhancement, and networking opportunities
- Knowledge that your efforts are helping others reach their life goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in an effective, supportive way with learners and other tutors
- Respect for differences in culture and learning styles
- Excellent computer skills, including the basics, internet, Windows, Mac, email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media. Coding experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently in a community computer lab
- Flexibility and patience
- Interest in adult education
- Comfort with online studying preferred; training available
Training: Tutors attend an orientation session with the DL Coordinator, familiarize themselves with curriculum online at home, and attend a 12-hr tutoring pre-service. Additional training provided as needed.
Location: Goodwill Easter Seals: 635 Prior Ave N #7, St Paul, MN 55104
Hours: Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am-12pm
To apply, please fill out the online application: mnliteracy.org/volunteerapplication
JennaRose Dahl, DL Coordinator
Email: email@example.com Phone: 612-567-9095
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Two hours per week for a minimum of six months.
- Teach English (ESL) to Your...
- Summer Reads VISTA
- Literacy VISTA
- Community Outreach Intern
- GED Tutors and Teachers needed...
- Help adults gain essential...
- Change a child's life by...
- Youthbuild Tutor
- Teach English (ESL) in North...
- Teach English to Immigrants and...
- Teach English to Adult students...
- Teach Basic Computer Skills to...
- Administrative and Coordinating...
- Help adults learn English! Be a...