Hospice Family Care integrates volunteer opportunities in all areas of our work. We have 16 different opportunities to choose from. Including patient/family support, grief and breavement support, administration and technology, and community outreach and special events.
Opportunities range from short-term to long-term time commitments. Training is adjusted to fit each role and is primarily online for volunteer convenience.
Becoming a trained and certified hospice volunteer not only provides the volunteer the skills and comfort level to support our mission, it also gives the volunteer the skills and knowledge to support his/her own community and family.
Recent employment data shows that employers value volunteer experience as much as employment experience. Being a hospice volunteer creates doorways to careers in the medical field.
Volunteers can expect Hospice Family Care to:
- Provide professional, organized training and free continuing education opportunities
- Offer on-going support and guidance
- Provide routine opportunities to connect with other volunteers and staff
- Assist you in developing skills or experiences needed for your personal goals
- Listen and incorporate your feedback in the growth of our services and programs
- Provide verification of volunteer hours served and training certification
- Write letters of reference for individuals who have served a minimum of 30 hours
- Show gratitude for your service!
Hospice Family Care expects volunteers to:
- Respect the confidentiality of all information gained in the course of service.
- Be punctual and professional with respect to assigned shifts.
- Always communicate with patients/families and the Volunteer Coordinator regarding shift changes
- Provide advance notice of resignation
- Keep contact information and availability updated
- Follow the policies and procedures in the Volunteer Handbook
- Maintain a positive attitude that reflects compassion for others
- Work as member of the interdisciplinary team
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts vary from 30 minutes to 4 hours
- Health & Drug Screening (any immunizations needed are freely offered for volunteer safety)