The IIIC is currently offering an internship through its Finance Department to students. Where applicable, we will gladly assist in any requirements that would qualify an eligible intern for course credit. This is an unpaid internship.
The Accounting Intern's primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the Finance Manager. Interns should be interested in this professional experience for the opportunity to gain experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, budgeting, month-end closing and auditing.
- A minimum commitment of 14 hours per week is required.
- Days are flexible depending on student schedule and internship manager needs.
This is an unpaid internship
- Enter invoices into QuickBooks by class and process payments on a weekly basis.
- Enter payment receipts via checks, credit card and PayPal into QuickBooks
- Accounts Receivable reconciliation
- Work with Finance Manager to close out the month by providing updates to prepaid schedules, monthly payments to vendors, accruals, restricted/unrestricted funds etc.
- Audit schedules and preparation as needed
- internal control including planning, executing, and completing
- determine accuracy of information and data
- Administrative duties as needed, filing, mailing etc.
- Other duties as necessary
- Pursuing a degree in accounting/accounting concentration
- Must have good research, analytical skills and be creative
- Organization, attention to detail and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment
- Ability to work respectfully in a multicultural environment
Reports to: Finance Manager
About the Irish International Immigrant Center:
The Irish International Immigrant Center (IIIC) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1989 by a group of Irish immigrants committed to helping others make successful transitions to new lives in the U.S. Our mission is to assist immigrants from around the world as they integrate into American society. We are a vibrant welcome center that provides legal, wellness and education services, advocates for systemic change, and facilitates cross-cultural community building. With partner organizations, we promote reconciliation in Ireland. Each year, the Center’s programs assist between 2,400 and 3,000 low-income and underserved individuals and families from more than 120 countries.
Our vision is of a society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. Rooted in the Irish tradition of hospitality, we work to create a safe and welcoming place for people from around the world who come to our Center.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please see www.iiicenter.org.
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- minimum 16+ hours per week