The mission of Turn-A-Frown Around (TAFA) Foundation, Inc. is to end loneliness, one Forever Friendship at a time. TAFA recognizes that friendships promote health, wellness, and add to an improved quality of life, especially for those needing long term care. This problem is too major, but the solution is too simple to ignore.
TAFA is looking for a Program Specialist based in Pittsburgh, PA to join our team working remotely, to provide advanced support for the nursing home and mental health initiatives by coordinating processes among volunteers and facilities where volunteers will be visiting the lonely on behalf of TAFA, as well as operational work that helps achieve program's strategic goals. The Specialist will report to the Director of Organizational Development and will be expected to work independently with little supervision.
This is an unpaid part-time position. It rewards through helping the lonely and is an excellent opportunity to gain facilitation and organization development experience virtually and flexibly.
- Conduct screening, tracking, outreach, and follow-up with volunteers, nursing homes and mental health facilities; coordinate with TAFA Directors for volunteers' visiting facilities, and collect relevant data for records and analysis purposes.
- Identify needs of volunteers and facilities and provide feedback to associated department Directors to enhance TAFA's influence on communities.
- Assist with Organization Development projects and collaborate with other departments to improve program operational effectiveness.
- Attend virtual weekly/bi-weekly meetings (flexible) and 1-on-1s via Skype/phone conference, involved in internal communication.
- Perform other ad hoc assignments as needed.
The successful candidate will have experience in courtesy call, spreadsheets, project facilitation and leadership; preferably have a background in Organization Development/Organizational Behavior/Organizational Psychology/Talent Acquisition/other related fields. Those who have made differences in communities before are highly valued.
Programs & Skills:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat
- Google (Gmail, Drive, & Calendar)
- Skype (Screen Share)
- School Postings
- Time Management
TAFA VALUES:TAFA looks for individuals with a sense of confident responsibility, achievement orientation, and strong ethics. Someone can excel as a volunteer when they bring in community involvement, innovate current systems/processes, and find a passion to motivate and drive us to succeed in the mission of ending loneliness. We are interested in growth, development, and, most importantly, creating a movement of caring across the United States and onward. Teamwork can be an integral aspect of the volunteering when virtual communication between volunteers occurs. We seek people who are up for the challenge of ending loneliness by being flexible, autonomous, and driven toward making the world a better place.
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Social Media / Blogging
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training