Volunteer Instructional Aide (2 days/week)
The Volunteer Instructional Aide will be responsible for assisting the ESL or GED instructor. This person must be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others, be able to relate well to adult learners, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the Adult Education Program’s educational standards and philosophy. Professional development opportunities will be made available.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Supporting ESL or GED instructors with instruction in class that may include one-on-one assistance, guiding/leading conversations, small group tutoring
- Assisting with student orientation
- Assisting students with referrals and resources
- Treating all clients with dignity and respect.
- Attend staff meetings and recommended training programs.
- Maintaining confidentiality about students, their families, and other employees outside the agency.
- Helping with the operations of audio/visual aids (projectors, etc)
High School Diploma generally required or GED
Knowledge of computer and relevant skills applications
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
Good verbal and written communication skills, Preferably Bilingual
Ability to relate to others in a positive manner, team player
Positive attitude towards participants requesting assistance
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment