Please join us in activating Miami's first ever pedestrian promenade! For the month of January 2017, the Miami Downtown Development Authority and local urban design firm The Street Plans Collaborative will be transforming three parking medians along Biscayne Boulevard (between SE 2nd St. and NE 1st St.) into public spaces. Planned as a one-month installation, Biscayne Boulevard will be transformed into Biscayne Green , a public space for the enjoyment of Downtown residents and visitors. This project will provide recreational and passive amenities and events for users of all ages, both day and night. The various spaces proposed for this project will be programmed with fun and interactive elements that will allow for people to gather and connect.
We will be building out many of the elements to be used in January during the month of December. We arelooking for the following:
- Builders - (30-50 people - so that no one has to dedicate more than 2-4 hours) (December and January) people that can operate a saw or a drill and put urban furniture together. In partnership with the Moonlighters, a makers space in Wynwood, will help create the main components of the project - but we will need hands to schedule in the delivery of materials and assembly of parts for the furnishings.
- Stewards (20-30 people - so that no one has to dedicate more than 2-4 hours) - people who can volunteer a few hours a week through (January) to ensure that the project site is clean, things are okay, and serve as a steward of watering plants and the upkeep for the month.
- Movers(10-15 people - so that no one has to do more than one pallet run) - people who can volunteer in the pick-up and delivery of materials, specifically the procurement of wooden pallets from different sources already found through Miami. We are also trying to reach out to people with pickup trucks that can help.
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- anytime during the months of Dec and Jan
- Must have NOT been convicted of a felony.