The Arts of Life continually creates an environment that is trusting, nurturing, and respectful. We are all equals in this space and should be given the most respect possible. We understand that all of us have bad days and all of us are developing as individuals and we encourage each other to share both the positive things that make us who we are and the negative things that make us who we are. We encourage everyone to share their goals and aspirations so that we are able to be of some help along their journey. We hope to provide this environment and our philosophy to everyone that joins our community, not just our artists. If our environment is true, it will have the same effect on everyone.
Whenever you are in our studio, you influence our artists and your role is to be a person who is:
* Prompt and reliable
* Consistently excellence in your job performance
* Able to problem solve and work with minimal supervision
* Creative, dedicated, and takes initiative
* Consistently positive
* Respectful of themselves and others
Position Title: Design Volunteer/Intern
Reports To: Development Manager and/or Art Coordinator (depending on project)
Position Purpose: The person in the Design position supports our community with design and branding needs.
Hours: This position is a volunteer or unpaid internship position and has flexible hours. Projects will be assigned on an as-needed basis and will include expected turnaround times. The intern/volunteer can work from home, but ideally can work from the Chicago Studio 4 hours per month, in order to become familiar with our community and the artists’ work.
Commitment Term: We ask that the candidate can commit to at least 6 months of volunteering/interning.
Percentage of Time - 95%
Working collaboratively with the Development Manager and/or Art Coordinator to prepare marketing/event literature, presentations, and other materials that support the operations of our studio by:
* Ensuring valid, current, and accurate content.
* Designing art and copy layouts.
* Maintaining The Arts of Life brand guidelines.
* Monitor agency communications for uniformity in message, including templates, tag lines, and logo usage.
Percentage of Time - > 5%
Participate in meetings and be prepared to discuss our artists and your duties and projects as necessary.
At the discretion of the Development Manager and/or Art Coordinator you may have other duties assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in design, currently in school or equivalent experience
* Experience with social service agencies a plus
* A firm grasp of design & website development software
* Be organized, creative, collaborative, dedicated, professional, and timely
* Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Please e-mail your resume and portfolio link or design example(s) to our Development Manager, Sara Bemer, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Up to 4 hours per month