Weir River Farm is the last working farm in Hingham, and she could use the loving touch of a gardener to help keep her beautiful! The farm has several flower beds, window boxes and planters placed around the property which would benefit from a bit of attention. If your passion is gardening, and you have a few hours a week to spare, we would enjoy sharing this amazing property with you! This position would be perfect for a creative individual who has a flexible schedule, enjoys the outdoors, and has a basic knowledge of gardening. Our stewardship staff will work with the volunteer to determine gardening needs and priorities. The ideal candidate should be equally at home working independently as well as on a team. It’s never too early to plan for the spring time!
* Working with stewardship staff to assess gardening needs
* Planting and/or transplanting annuals and perennials as well as maintaining existing beds
* Maintaining communication with stewardship staff
* During off season, help decorate planters with winter greenery
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* An eagerness to participate in maintaining the Farm
* Able to use hand tools
* Able to follow instructions and work in a team
* Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to bend
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Flexible schedule could be year round depending on availability. Prefer a commitment of 3 months.
Weir River Farm, 140 Turkey Hill Lane, Hingham, MA 02043
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- flexible schedule, minimum 3 month commitment
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Communications Outreach...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Adopt a Stone Wall - Weir River...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute