Hermann Park Conservancy’s annual Park to Port Bike Ride takes place in October, 2017. The 20-mile ride will start in Hermann Park and travel east along Brays Bayou to the Port, where there will be a turn-around celebration, sponsored by the Port of Houston Authority, with snacks, music and activities at Brady's Landing. Riders will then return along the same path back to Hermann Park for a post-ride celebration where there will be music, food, drinks and more.
There will be various areas along the route that volunteers will be needed to assist with.
The Bill Coats Bridge location is at Hermann Park, 6530 ½ Almeda Road between S. MacGregor and Holcombe Blvd. The water station is at MacGregor Park, located at S. MacGregor Way and Calhoun Road.
Volunteer Descriptions: Please indicate which shift you can help with.
7am-10am: help with setting up tables, chairs, handing out vendor items, & direct riders, at Bill Coats Bridge
9:30am -1pm help with handing out vendor items and take down tents, tables, chairs, pack up items in boxes, at Bill Coats Bridge
7:45am -11:30am: man the Water Station at MacGregor Park; set up and take down
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 4 to 6 hours
- contact the event coordinator for an event request form
- Park to Port Bike Ride
- Prairie Restoration at Hermann...
- Annual Dog Walk at Hermann Park
- Bird Island Restoration at...
- Habitat Restoration Bayou Parkland
- Job Shadow Summer Youth Program
- Run in the Park at Hermann Park
- Japanese Garden Volunteers
- National Public Lands Day...
- Help our Garden Grow!
- Conservation Volunteers for...
- Kite Festival at Hermann Park