Career mentors are mentors who represent a diverse range of careers or life experiences! We are currently looking for people with or without disabilities who want to inspire young adults to do great things
Starting in April Easter Seals Massachusetts will launch the Career Explorers Program. Within this program you are helping to guide young adults with disabilities to paths that they did not see were possible. As a career mentor you have an opportunity to show them that through hard work and dedication there are no obstacles or boundaries that they cannot overcome
- Responsible for meeting with the assigned mentee for the agreed-upon time once per month, in addition to internet/phone communications.
- Act as a resource and guide
- Work closely with staff through phone contact, group meetings, and outings with the mentee
- Serve as an example/role model
- Respect the mentee’s right to self-determination and independence
- Be a person with or without a disability
- Good listening skills
- We want our mentors to be committed and by committed we mean...
- We want them to be committed to their mentees
- We want them to be committed to the program
- We want mentors who value patience, have great interpersonal skills, and also have a desire to help guide the "next generation"
- Having a great sense of humor does not hurt as well
For more information about the mentorship programs email us at: email@example.com (508) 751-6417 for more information
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training