Vice President, Marketing Communications
Description: The Vice President, Marketing Communications is responsible for regular outbound
communications with Chapter membership and the marketing community in the Greater Philadelphia area. The outbound communications should inform and motivate the membership and marketing community to engage with the PAMA brand, services and program offerings.
The Vice President is in charge of effectively, efficiently and consistently communicating to all audiences and stakeholders to increase their awareness, encourage and facilitate attendance, engagement and to maximize the Chapter’s branding footprint throughout the Greater Philadelphia region.
Additionally, the Vice President, Marketing Communications is expected to perform all the duties
specified by the Constitution and Bylaws or those approved by the Board of Directors.
Term: One year Time Commitment: 5 - 10 hours per week
- Create and manage an integrated strategic communications plan with measurable goals to support PAMA’s brand, broaden awareness of programs and events and increase visibility across key target audiences.
- Manage Email communications content and frequency; monitors editorial calendar and prioritizes communications; monitors metrics and opt-out lists.
- Manage all aspects of Chapter’s social media communities to include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and PAMA’s AMAConnect portal to ensure quality, engagement and value to members and key target audiences.
- Ensure the effectiveness and currency of the Chapter’s website and all online branded properties ncluding Email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress blog, Pinterest, YouTube and PAMA’s AMAConnect portal.
- Serve as a resource to all committees/committee members who need communications support (including social media) to drive events, programs, initiatives, sponsorships, etc.
- Lead and support all inbound and outbound communication activities of the Chapter.
- Build a robust and flexible communications team to support all inbound and outbound communications requirements.
- Develop relationships with local media to manage publicity of Chapter programs and events.
- Hold committee meetings (via phone, in-person, Skype, etc.) at least once per month.
- Track and report on effectiveness of all communication efforts at monthly board meetings.
- Lead committee to achieve Chapter’s goals.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in marketing communications or marketing management.
- Chapter volunteer experience preferred.
- High-level organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Successful track record of building and leading a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to coordinate the diverse efforts of the organization for successful communications.
Please note, Board Leaders are required to join as members of the organization within 90 days of beginning the volunteer experience.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Vice President Marketing...
- Executive Director, Customer...
- Associate VP of Membership -...
- Executive Director Membership...
- Executive Director Member...
- Leader – Data, Insights &...
- Leader - Integrated Marketing,...
- VP Elect Marketing Leadership...
- Director of Marketing Leadership...
- Special Projects Lead -...
- Executive Director, Member...
- Thought Leader – Marketing...
- Leader – Event Experience Design...
- Leader - Strategic Partnerships...