Our mission is to equip people living in our community with resources that help improve their lives. This is achieved by developing community gardens in areas labeled as food desserts, distributing toiletries to college students, taking underserved youth to outings outside of their zip codes and hosting a free conferences that equips and honor survivors of breast, ovarian and uterine cancer, PTSD, and domestic violence.
We are looking for the following board executive positions to serve a two-year term:
- Executive Board of Directors
The ideal candidate should be:
- Compassionate and dedicated to our vision and mission for developing children and youth
- Committed to helping KERF operate to its fullest capacity
- Provide mission based leadership
- Have a track record of board leadership
- Achieved leadership stature in the non-profit sector, business, government or philanthropy
- Willing to invest financially or use contact to meet $5,000 annual commitment
- Proven track record in one or more of the following skills: grant writing, event planning, organizing and implementing programs for the youth or fundraising
- Attend at least 6 board meeting annually
- Use your influence to access and secure resources and support for chapter events/activities
- Read and sign Roles and Responsibilities form with the chapter office
Please submit a letter of interest addressing these questions:
- What do you understand about the purpose of our nonprofit?
- How would you promote our organization?
- What specific skills or talents can you bring to our board?
- How much time can you give us each month?
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Monthly 2hr board meeting