Are you passionate about literacy? Do you enjoy working with kids?
Support Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula by joining Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula as a Book Nook tutor! Book Nook is a 1-on-1 guided reading program for students to enhance and elevate their reading achievement. This pilot program utilizes technology, standards-based curriculum, structured reading activities, and importantly a highly engaged face-to-face learning with adult mentors to support students in underserved communities. BGCP and Book Nook will launch this joint-initiative with a cohort of students reading at the targeted level beginning in January 2017. Additional training provided.
This opportunity is part of our new Book Nook pilot program, and targets students who are reading at a 3rd grade level.
- East Palo Alto
- Menlo Park
- Redwood City
Time commitment: 2x/week is ideal (1x/week is acceptable)
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading Comprehension
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 2 times a week on your choice of days Mon-Thurs
- TB test
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Mentor an 8th Grade Youth of the...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Reading Tutor at Boys and Girls...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Head Coach Needed for...
- 1-1 Tutors Needed (1x/Week)