We are looking for certified pet therapy animals and their handlers to spend time with our adult and pediatric residents. Many of our residents are living with complex medical conditions. The companionship and love of an animal can be therapeutic for these special individuals.
Must be 18 years of age.
1. Completion of Volunteer Application
2. Tour of Facility and Interview with Volunteer Coordinator
3. Proof of Negative TB Skin Test
4. Flu Shot
5. Active Fingerprint Clearance Card
Preferred but not required -
6. Effective and positive human relation skills are required.
7. Experience interacting with hospitalized children and their families preferred.
8. Ability to assess a child’s comfort around animals and to assess appropriate length of visit.
9. Ability to assess own comfort level and animal’s comfort level and stress signals.
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Animal Care / Handling
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hours a week