Are you ready to provide that extra bit of compassion to those within our community that are currently under hospice care? Put that compassion into action and change lives! Volunteer with Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care throughout Orange county, and Orlando as a whole. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited too, such services as providing companionship to patient's via conversation/reading/TV watching, running light errands/completing light housework, and simply being that extra voice and presence of compassionate support.
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for our patients and their families, we adhere to state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for all hospice volunteers. As a Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care volunteer you are required to complete the following:
A volunteer application with provided references, an in-person interview, and a volunteer service placement meeting.
Ability to successfully pass a Level II Background Check at no cost to you.
A two-step tuberculosis screening at no cost to you, and only required for volunteers that are directly serving patients and their families.
A viable commitment to volunteer within Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care for at least one year.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Become a Life Enrichment Volunteer
- Share your Love for Sewing
- Pet Therapy/Companionship
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Would you like to give back by...
- We need you and your Fur Baby!
- Become a Hospice Volunteer at...
- Baby Boomers Needed in Osceola...
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Do you love animals? Do you love...
- Be the Compassion your Community...
- Administrative Volunteers...
- Looking for a way to give back...
- Assisted Living Facility |...
- Share your Skills as a Massage...
- Do you enjoy helping others?...