Are you ready to provide that extra bit of compassion to those within our community that are currently under hospice care? Put that compassion into action and change lives! Volunteer with Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care throughout Orange county, and Orlando as a whole. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited too, such services as providing companionship to patients via conversation/reading/TV watching, running light errands/completing light housework, and simply being that extra voice and presence of compassionate support.
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for our patients and their families, we adhere to state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for all hospice volunteers. As a Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care volunteer you are required to complete the following:
A volunteer application with provided references, an in-person interview, and a volunteer service placement meeting.
Ability to successfully pass a Level II Background Check at no cost to you.
A two-step tuberculosis screening at no cost to you, and only required for volunteers that are directly serving patients and their families.
A viable commitment to volunteer within Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care for at least one year.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Bereavement Volunteer...
- Veterans caring for Veterans
- Hospice Volunteers needed in...
- Baby Boomer Volunteers Wanted
- Visit Patients in Assistant...
- Volunteer Training in Polk County
- Piano Player Needed--Give the...
- Art Volunteers Needed to work...
- We Need A Smiling Face. Be A...
- Do you live in Davenport or...
- Be the Compassion your Community...
- Looking for a way to give back...
- Veterans Honoring Fellow Veterans