Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
14 people are interested
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best. Our mission is to embrace the potential of all women and girls by providing: Positive Influence, Learning Opportunities, Community Partnership, Leadership Development.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Position Summary: In Her Shoes Foundation is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to oversee and manage marketing and communications for In Her Shoes Foundation. This includes marketing of the organizations’ programs and events through multiple channels, cause marketing, strategic and corporate communications, media and public relations, brand development and design.
This position reports to the Executive Director, works closely with Marketing Committee Team, Development Committee Team, and collaborates with fellow committee volunteer leaders of the senior management team.
Responsibilities: The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for the overall success of the Marketing, Communications, and Fundraising Departments in meeting or exceeding annual goals with the responsibility to:
- Develop an integrated marketing and communications strategy that positions IHSF and its programs for growth.
- Develop and implement executive communications plan (both external and internal messaging)
- Manage brand strategy, including refining and tracking brand success metrics and integration of the brand into all communications.
- Work with Finance Committee, Executive Director and Treasurer to develop strategies fundraising events and activities to execute with Manager of Fundraising
- Work in partnership with the director of promotions to develop and execute on a targeted, proactive year-round communications and media strategy across both traditional and on-line channels.
- Manage crisis communications when and if necessary.
- Create and manage a high performing team, providing supervision and support to direct reports and with the ability to pitch in and execute hands on when necessary.
- Effectively utilize pro bono and volunteer support, with limited, strategic use of external contractors.
- Build in a framework that accommodates and accounts for the ability to capitalize on unanticipated opportunities that arise during the year.
- Participate in organization-wide problem-solving and decision-making
- Share responsibility for strategic integration of activities within and between the Marketing and Communications Department and all of the In Her Shoes Foundation business units and committee teams.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated success and senior level responsibility in corporate, agency, or non-profit marketing/communications.
- A track record of building, managing and mentoring high-performing teams that produce timely, cost-effective, high-quality results.
- Record of success in creating and launching effective cause marketing partnerships, media partnerships and communications/thought leadership platforms.
- Comprehensive understanding and success in effective use of traditional and new media.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and strategic planning skills, including evidence of ability to work across organizational boundaries to achieve results.
- Proven capacity for collaborative leadership of staff, vendors and outside advisors (board members, etc.).
- Demonstrated excellence in communications - written and verbal; strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a flexible, entrepreneurial, fast-paced and opportunistic environment.
- Highly collaborative style; positive attitude; commitment to continuous improvement and strong work ethic grounded in honesty and integrity.
- B.A., at minimum; MBA or advanced degree in marketing preferred.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion for this program and a mission driven mind-set, please submit a personalized cover letter on why you connect with our mission, vision and core values and a CV/ resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
***Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
We'll work with your schedule.
155 N MICHIGAN AVE STE 9012CHICAGO, IL 60601
- Executive Admin
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Market Research / Analysis
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Min 10 hours per week