Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: President and CEO
Position Summary: In Her Shoes Foundation is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to oversee and manage marketing and communications for In Her Shoes Foundation. This includes marketing of the organizations’ programs and events through multiple channels, cause marketing, strategic and corporate communications, media and public relations, brand development and design.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer, works closely with the CFO and COO, and collaborates with fellow members of the senior management team.
The Chief Marketing Officer oversees a team of dedicated marketing and communications staff and directly manages the Director of Membership Management, Director of Fundraising, and The Director of Promotions.
The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for the overall success of the Marketing, Communications, and Fundraising Departments in meeting or exceeding annual goals with the responsibility to:
- Develop an integrated marketing and communications strategy that positions IHSF and its programs for growth.
- Develop and implement executive communications plan (both external and internal messaging)
- Manage brand strategy, including refining and tracking brand success metrics and integration of the brand into all communications.
- Work with CFO to develop strategies fundraising events and activities to execute with Director of Fundraising
- Work in partnership with the director of promotions to develop and execute on a targeted, proactive year-round communications and media strategy across both traditional and on-line channels.
- Manage crisis communications when and if necessary.
- Create and manage a high performing team, providing supervision and support to direct reports and with the ability to pitch in and execute hands on when necessary.
- Effectively utilize pro bono and volunteer support, with limited, strategic use of external contractors.
- Build in a framework that accommodates and accounts for the ability to capitalize on unanticipated opportunities that arise during the year.
- Participate in organization-wide problem-solving and decision-making
- Share responsibility for strategic integration of activities within and between the Marketing and Communications Department and all of the In Her Shoes Foundation business units and departments.
- At least 15 years of demonstrated success and senior level responsibility in corporate, agency, or non-profit marketing/communications.
- A track record of building, managing and mentoring high-performing teams that produce timely, cost-effective, high-quality results.
- Record of success in creating and launching effective cause marketing partnerships, media partnerships and communications/thought leadership platforms.
- Comprehensive understanding and success in effective use of traditional and new media.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and strategic planning skills, including evidence of ability to work across organizational boundaries to achieve results.
- Proven capacity for collaborative leadership of staff, vendors and outside advisors (board members, etc.).
- Demonstrated excellence in communications - written and verbal; strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a flexible, entrepreneurial, fast-paced and opportunistic environment.
- Highly collaborative style; positive attitude; commitment to continuous improvement and strong work ethic grounded in honesty and integrity.
- B.A., at minimum; MBA or advanced degree in marketing preferred.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to Hr.email@example.com.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.