The Arc Montgomery County Board of Directors is actively seeking passionate, diverse and experienced board members to help guide the organization as it grows. The Arc supports children, youth, adults and their families who are affected by developmental disabilities like Down syndrome and autism. We provide child care, work skills training, community living, advocacy and respite care to over 600 people every year.
The Arc is focused on building inclusive communities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, where everyone has choices, opportunities to construct fulfilling lives, and authentic connections with people in their communities.
The Arc Montgomery County needs you if...
- You are passionate about changing perceptions and eliminating barriers
- You have the time and energy to spend 6-10 hours a month doing board work-attending board meetings, participating in committee work, and being an ambassador for The Arc in your community
- You are motivated to become a great fundraiser and prepared to learn new skills to succeed in this role.
We are especially interested in talking with you if:
- You have been a leader on a non-profit board before and are ready to bring your experience and insight to another organization
- You have experience in finance/accounting, information technology, real estate and/or marketing
- You come from a diverse background
- You are an experienced fundraiser and enthusiast about sharing your skills.
Board members are elected on an annual basis, for a one-year term, but can also be appointed throughout the year. Please visit our website to download an application, or email email@example.com to receive more detailed information. Interested candidates must complete the application and will be interviewed by our Governance Committee. Board members are volunteers and serve without pay. Application deadline: April 15, 2017.
- Resource Development / Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- IT Consulting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours per month