Assistant to Mentor Coordinator Job Description
Time for Me [Trauma Informed Mentoring Program]
Revised Sept 2016
Trauma Informed Mentoring Program for youth from ages 9 to 17 years old at Catholic Charities Terre Haute, Ryves Youth Center in Terre Haute, Indiana
POSITION: Assistant to Mentor Coordinator
(Catholic Charities Terre Haute Volunteer Approval Required)
APPLY: Ability to support and care about children in a nonjudgmental manner
Students who have an interest in Social Work in High or College are encouraged to apply
Retired and Community members are encouraged to apply
REQUIRED: Orientation & Trauma Informed Care Training (Based on Applicant’s availability & schedule, and it is not required to be completed in one day).
- Assist with data gathering and maintain statistics for mentoring program with mentor coordinator’s guidance pertaining to TIME for Me
- Assist with (Mentor & Family) Trainings including the preparation of training packets for mentors, mentees and staff & presenting content alongside MC
- Check for completeness of mentor and youth requirements & records as per federal guidelines.
- Participate in Webinars 1x-2x monthly
- Minimum two hours weekly however the Assistant would arrange hours.
- Assistant apprises Mentor Coordinator of her/his scheduled days one week advance on a weekly basis including days and time available
- Assistant maintains communication via email or text with Mentor Coordinator
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: To be mutually determined by Mentor Coordinator & Assistant
BENEFITS: Personal growth
- Experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of children.
Please contact: TIME for Me Mentoring Program
Ryves Youth Center at Etling Hall; 1356 Locust Street, Terre Haute, IN 47807
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours per week
- Safe and Sacred Certification (can be obtained online)