About the opportunity
Would you like to assist teaching English to speakers of other languages!? Or would like to contribute to a community project aimed at improving social cohesion, access to free/low cost language skills classes and more importance, building a community platform with the aim to enable, connect, inspire and nurture Vietnamese female to become leaders in education field!?
Would you like to gain lots of fun and be immersing with Vietnamese traditional culture!?
Please get in touch now!!
Coins for Change Vietnam is looking for volunteers to assist in our English schools/clubs. Some small note to Volunteers:
- Qualifications and experience are not essential - what is important is empathy, a willingness to help and a good way with others.
- The key skills required to teach English are empathy, patience, calmness, a sense of fun, good listening skills and energy!!
- Apart from these things, a decent grasp of English grammar would be preferable for obvious reasons - though you'll be guided through lessons by textbooks and other teaching aids. Not to mention other volunteer teachers/teaching assistant and Vietnamese teachers - We are a team effort!!
- Working visa and commitment completion bonus are supported to all volunteers.
- After finishing your commitment for 3 month volunteering with us (as you know, we are working with women and children, in education, they need more time to make friend), if you wish to stay longer, and obtained your teaching certificate, we can introduce you for a fulltime job which enables you to earn up to $1,200/month plus accommodation& food support from schools and free trip to surrounding tourist attractions. Our teaching positions give you plenty of opportunities to immerse yourself in Vietnamese culture. The food, the culture, the language - You can enjoy everything that Vietnam has to offer while experiencing a rewarding career as an English teacher while experiencing the best that Vietnam and Southeast Asia have to offer.
Taking flight in 2014, we aim to be the home for all Vietnamese women entrepreneurs and leaders. We value real case studies, honest and inspiring stories from Vietnamese women and girls at all stages of their entrepreneurial and leader journey, We aim change the face of Vietnamese women in education field, which then will change our next generation and the country in a long term.
We started this volunteer program because non-formal, vocational training and other forms of education are much needed in Vietnam, especially for the unprivileged youngsters in rural areas. This organization works with a belief that it is not necessary to "do different things but do things differently" under the upcoming issues related to Education. Our goal is to be part of improving and expanding English language education, plant seeds of linguistic and cultural understanding that set students on a path toward success in international business and diplomacy.
As all founders were born and grow up in Vietnam, we strongly believe that education is the best weapon for us to change this country!
Accommodation and Food support
You will stay in a volunteer’s house with other volunteers and staffs. They speak basic English, though you can organize your class with them every day to help us change their life.
You will have a private room with basic facilities including wifi, laundry and a kitchen thought you may need to share the room with other volunteers from time to time. Food will be prepared by staffs following your list of stuffs required for the week, though you can prepare yourself whenever you want to make your own food.
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months
- Non criminal record