Calling all HR professional to make a difference in the community
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereMulitple Service LocationsTacoma, WA 98409
Contribute your vital HR skills and experience as a volunteer to help boost capacity of local nonprofits while also enhancing your own consulting skills.
As members of 501 Commons’ service corps you will help support nonprofits in projects such as:
- Developing effective selection and recruitment process
- Assisting a nonprofit in recruiting staff members
- Conduct compensation study and advise the organization on equitable and responsible remuneration for staff
- Reviewing and updating employee handbook for compliance with federal and state law while being aligned to an organization’s mission, vision and culture.
- Creating a thoughtful performance management system
- And others......
The service corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and support. Volunteers are in an on-call "pool" of professionals whom we contact when a specific project calls for their skill set. You decide if the project and timing are of interest to you. If it’s not the right time, we place you back in the pool to await the next opportunity.
While the requirements of each project vary, on average consultants can expect to serve 10-12 hours per month for 2-4 months.
As a service corps member, you will:
- Access our resource library, and professional development workshops
- Learn new skills applicable to personal and professional situations
- Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
To apply please visit the "Engage" section of wwww.501commons.org or contact Aimy@501commons.org
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Volunteers must have daytime availability
- Volunteers must have prior experience working with or volunteering with nonprofits