4-H After - School Volunteer
Assist in coordination and program delivery during times K - 12 students are not in school.
- Implement programs which align with positive youth development and the spirit of the 4-H program.
- Utilize 4-H and Extension approved curricula.
- Engage children and youth in experiential, inquiry based learning.
- Priority will be given to programming topics: Healthy Living, STEM, Citizenship and Leadership.
- Assist in promotion, and logistics (equipment, materials, etc.) of program.
- Deliver programming independently and/or in collaboration with 4-H staff or others.
- Maintain regular contact and communication with 4-H staff, how the classes are going, when you are ready for a new class, what your lesson plans are, etc.
- Ability to provide positive reinforcement and age appropriate activities.
- Knowledge, expertise or training in the curriculum topic.
- Able to manage group of youth in a class size of up to 15.
- Organized and able to manage time.
- Will work primarily with youth, but parents can/should be involved in 4-H projects as 4-H is a family affair.
- Will work with cooperatively and communicate with 4-H Extension Staff, organizational leaders, and teen leaders.
- Complete volunteer application and references
- Complete at least 2 hours of volunteer training annually.
- Complete 1 st time on-line New Volunteer training.
- Pass a required CSU background check
- Review and sign Activity Worker Guidelines.
- Programming can take place any time of the year. Time requirement will be what is necessary to plan and deliver the specific program implemented. Programming can occur before or after school hours, teacher workdays, school holidays, summer months and weekends.
- Orientation, training and support from 4-H staff
- 4-H curricula and resources
- Research based educational material
- Creates opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Make an impact on developing youth as productive citizens, outstanding communicators, effective leaders and successful learners.
- Share knowledge and/or life experiences with others.
- Research supports volunteering is good for your overall heath.
- Meet new people.
- Have Fun!!!
- Child Development
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- flexible- 1-2 hours a week for 6-12 weeks