Our next upcoming event is the YMCA Christmas Run on Dec 16 th &17 th. It’s one of our largest and most fun events of the year. We have responsibilities ranging from helping hand bells to hot chocolate support, carolers, to course monitors. Each one of these jobs is important and plays a part in making the event a success. Without volunteers the Y couldn’t do these events for our community.
Below is more information about times and locations. Please let me know if you are able to help.
Here are the Volunteer Opportunities we have available:
Dec 16 th Packet Pick Up at Boise High School
The general time is 3:30pm - 9pm
- Help with registration and packets
- Late Registration
- Be holly and jolly!
Dec 17 th Christmas Run Boise High School & Course
The general time frame is from 7:30am - 2pm
- Set up course and start and finish line area
- Soup/Food Area we need people to help set up, serve soup and bagels to the finisher (in a heated tent).
- Packet pick Up starts at 8:30am - 10am and then
- Course Monitor volunteers
- Carolers on the course! We need these groups so if you know of anyone please let me know.
- Coffee and Hot Chocolate Support - 9am the coffee arrives and needs to be monitored.
- Clean Up Crew
- Costume Contest Judges
- Physical Education
- Sports Coaching
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- We have shifts of 2-4 hours each day
- Birthday Bag Assembly- West Branch
- Safety Ambassador--Caldwell Branch
- Towel Folding Volunteer- West...
- Teen Leader Advisor--Caldwell...
- Kids Night Out Volunteer- West...
- Health & Well-being Floor...
- Climbing Wall Belayer--Caldwell...
- Youth Activity Center...
- Kids' Night Out...
- Gym Supervisor--Caldwell Branch
- Storyteller--Caldwell Branch
- Evening Housekeeping...
- Youth & Government...
- Family Night Volunteer- West...
- YMCA Christmas Run
- Porter Volunteer- West Branch
- Health and Wellbeing Floor...