Sacramento ESL Program teaches English as a second language to adults in the greater Sacramento area who come from around the world. They need tutors, teachers, teachers aides, and materials for their classes. SESL Program also needs to pay rent, buy books, purchase a new testing system to provide quality pre- and post-tests for each student, get the classroom access to WIFI, and many other things. Several members of the board are on a Grant Committee and will be working with our new Grant Writer.
We are seeking a grant writer who:
1. Lives locally;
2. Has experience and/or training in Grant Writing;
3. Has written grants with successful, measurable outcomes;
4. Will do research and find grant opportunities for us to apply for.
In the past we were unable to show grantors that we are sustainable, so that has become a major item in our list of priorities.
Please email Margo Sterling and give us an idea of what you have done. If you have only a little experience but love writing grants and want to grow with us, we welcome you. Please let us know more about you.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Problem Solving
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of six hours per month
- More time might be required to comply with grant deadlines. A grant committee will work with you.