Canine Companions for Independence Lone Star Chapter is an extension of the regional office and is governed by a volunteer leadership team consisting of a President, VP, Secretary/Treasurer, Communications Coordinator, Event/Fund-raising Coordinator and Outreach Coordinator.
- Acts as a liaison for the Leadership Team for all fundraising committees and events:
- Yappy Hours
- Third-party Events
- Work with staff partners and leadership team to plan and organize events and report on progress and needs. Assists with recruitment of volunteers for committee chairs and members to lead the following:
- Yappy Hour Committee -This team will solicit wineries, breweries (or similar retail establishments) to host "Yappy Hours" throughout the year where people and their pooches are invited to attend a fun, casual after work cocktail party to raise funds and awareness for Canine Companions.
- Third Party Events - Assist in identifying, cultivating and partnering with businesses and civic organizations to hold fundraising events for Canine Companions. These events would be organized and primarily staffed by the host organization and jointly supported and promoted by the organization and Canine Companions. Examples might be a point of sales promotion with restaurants, retail, recreational or service establishments.
- Other Events - Lead volunteers and assist staff as needed with involvement in other fundraising events, not already specified.
- GFWC, Lions Clubs, Employee Giving, Individual Giving - Assist development staff in coordinating fundraising plans and initiatives with national civic club partners General Federation of Women’s Club and Lions Clubs. Assist in identifying, developing and working with area businesses with in-house employee giving programs on fundraising campaigns to benefit Canine Companions. Assist staff in developing annual individual giving initiatives.
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 5 to 10 hours per week