Do you want to have a huge impact in the lives of others?
Do you want to make your community stronger?
Do you want to help your future neighbors become the most successful citizens they can be?
The Indiana Department of Correction is looking for volunteers at facilities throughout the state. We have numerous opportunities to become involved. Below are some examples.
- Program facilitation
- Faith-based services
- Specialty hobbies - knitting, sewing, woodshop
- Specific groups - Toastmasters, American Legion, AA/NA/GA
- Family programming, fatherhood, child care training, etc.
- Arts - performing, visual, musical, etc.
We are always open to ideas for future programming. The schedule is flexible and so is the time commitment.
You can visit our website and click on "Facilities" on the left hand column to contact the specific facility in your area or you can respond to this post for more information.
- Crisis Intervention
- Group Facilitation
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Potential volunteers should be punctual, reliable, adaptable, professional, and willing to learn!