Citizen Schools is a leading national nonprofit that partners with local schools to prepare urban middle school students for achievement and leadership in high school, college, the workforce, and civic life.
The Writing Program is the cornerstone of Eighth Grade Academy, Citizen Schools capstone year. Through the Writing Program, students receive personalized academic support, connect with a mentor from the Greater Boston community, and develop the skills they’ll need to successfully transition to high school next year.
As a Writing Program Coach, you will mentor and tutor a Citizen School 8GA student as they make the transition from middle school to high school.
- January through May
- biweekly Monday meetings
- approx. 2:30-4:00
- Work directly with 1 or 2 students on personal and professional writing
- Share your personal and professional journey, lived experiences, and advice
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 hours/month (two 90 minute sessions on Mondays)
- bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred