Internet Web Support
Job Code/ Req#:
Development to Director of IT
Volunteer to salaried
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
512.986.1902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Volunteer Web Development
Attention: Vic Ferguson Executive Director
The World Federation for Coral Reef Conservation
P.O. Box 311117
Houston, Texas 77231
The World Federation for Coral Reef Conservation (WFCRC) is a 501 (c) (3) international group of volunteer earth scientist, marine biologists, knowledge workers and concerned citizens full engaged in coral reef and coastal conservation efforts for unreserved developing island nations around the world. Has an immediate need for a web site developer/master
Enhance and develop web site by providing executive management support.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include wire frames to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. Experience in word press is necessary to keep our sites current.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of user interface and designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Develop custom information feeds
Skills And Qualifications
- Professionalism and commitment to follow through on projects
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, Word Press
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAXBasic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus..
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Mobile Programming
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Graphic Design
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- The time commitment is immediate to monitoring