Do you like giving back to your community? Do you want to teach your children about responsibility? Does adopting a puppy sound like too much of a commitment?
Then Adopt-a-Shelf at the Ferguson Library!
By adopting a shelf or shelves at the library, individuals, groups, and families can guarantee others in their community access to well-organized and well-cared for library materials.
Shelf adoptees will:
- Organize and straighten the shelf or shelves under their care.
- Notify library staff of items needing repairs or special attention.
- Make suggestions for items to be added to their shelf or shelves (optional).
- HAVE FUN!
Adoptees can choose the shelf, shelves, or section to adopt or be assigned at random rotation. Adoptees are expected to visit the library once a week to maintain their assignment. Shelf adoptions are generally 4 month commitments (May-August, September-December, and January-April) but may be started at any point during the year. Other short-term shelf adoptions are available.
Volunteers of all ages and ability welcome!
- Literacy / Reading
- Critical Thinking
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- approximately 1 hour or less weekly
- Youth under the age of 12 must have an adult present at all times.